BSc (Hons) Computing
The following section presents the information of Part-time Programme offered at IVE(Chai Wan) in 2021-2022.
Application Deadline: Late Application Accepted
Click here to apply for the programme
The BSc (Hons) Computing is a degree programme offered by Coventry University. Successful completion carries the same academic status as that offered to Coventry’s on-campus graduates.
This programme provides students with the chance to obtain key knowledge and skills required for their future career in a wide range of technology-related areas – from systems analysis and programming to internet application development and user experience design. Focusing on professional skills and portfolio development, alongside project management and team working skills, this programme enables students to develop the optimum mix of professional qualities which give them a competitive edge in the job market.
|Mode of Study and Duration||
Part-time, 14 months
Application Fee: HK$200*
* All applicants can enjoy a waiver of application fee for ONCE.
QF Level : Level 5
QR Registration No. : 14/002777/L5
Validity Period : 01/09/2014 - 31/08/2022
The QF level of this programme accredited by the HKCAAVQ is the same as that of locally-accredited honours bachelor's degree programmes.
|Registration Number (Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance)||
This programme aims to:
The practical nature of this programme places an emphasis on students' future employability, developing a wide range of technical, analytical, design and professional skills.
This programme, coupled with the breadth of the subject domain, means students will be well-positioned for a range of employment opportunities including software development, database / systems administration, mobile application development, web development and user-centred design.
The programme is delivered in part-time mode at IVE(Chai Wan), comprising of the following modules:
* This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under Continuing Education Fund. The mother course (BSc (Hons) Computing) of this module is recognised under the Qualifications Framework (QF Level 5).
Assessment is based on coursework, examination, presentation and final project.
It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Founded in 1843 and recently celebrating 175 years, Coventry University is a dynamic and outward-looking institution with a tradition of teaching excellence, impactful research and bold international partnerships.
The University has 50,000+ students in various countries with 97% employed or in further study* upon graduation; as well as the highest ranking modern university between 2013-2019 and consistently ranked within the top 15 UK university between 2016-2020 (Guardian University Guide).
Furthermore, its student satisfaction levels and teaching quality have been rated amongst the best in the UK, contributing to a gold rating in the UK government's Teaching Excellence Framework 2017.
* Destination of Leavers from Higher Education survey, published 2018
Candidates must hold one of the qualifications listed below:
- A Higher Diploma from VTC in a relevant IT subject; or
- A qualification equivalent to the above *
All candidates must be able to demonstrate competence equivalent to an HKCEE Grade E or HKDSE Level 2 in Mathematics. Applicants from the approved VTC feeder programmes are considered to have met this requirement.
* Subject to final approval by Coventry University
English Proficiency Requirements
- Holders of VTC Higher Diploma or Professional Diploma taught and assessed in English; or
- Applicants who are not from the approved VTC feeder programmes should have successfully completed a Higher Diploma, Associate Degree or Professional Diploma taught and assessed in English from a recognised institution in Hong Kong or equivalent, or alternatively they should have attained a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.
|Programme Co-ordinator||Mr Wong Hang Chit|
|Tel no.||2595 8113|
|General Enquiries||Ms Cherry Chan|
|Tel no.||2595 8377|